The one thing that is really frustrating to have in your garden is poison, Ivy. Yes, this is really poisoning and can have really negative effects on humans and animals.
This is why you should make sure that you are getting rid of poison ivy plants as fast and effective as possible. However, there is some other essential information about getting rid of this plant that is just as important.
This is everything that you need to know about getting rid of poison ivy plants in your garden, fast and effective.
How Poison Ivy plants look like first
The first thing that you need to know, is how poison ivy plants look like. You can’t get rid of poison Ivy if you don’t know how to identify the plant. The sooner you can identify the plant, the sooner you can get rid of the ivy and you will not have an infestation of the plant.
Poison Ivy is a green or sometimes red-leaved plant. It always has three leaves and it grows low to the ground, except if it grows in a tree. Yes, it can climb on a tree trunk and grow upwards as well. The middle leave is always slightly longer than the other two leaves.
During spring the poison Ivy will have white flowers that will become berries later the season. The berries are just as poisonous.
Wearing protective clothing
Before you can start the process of removing the poison ivy from your garden, you need to make sure that you are wearing protective clothing. This includes gloves, boots, and long clothing. There should not be any skin visible that can get into contact with the poison ivy.
And, after you have removed the plant, you should make sure that you are washing the clothing correctly and thoroughly before you are wearing it again. You don’t want to get into contact with the poison Ivy.
Removing poison ivy plants fast
These are some great and effective tips on how you can get rid of poison ivy in your garden fast.
- Getting the right poison ivy killer that will kill the Poison Ivy to the root. This is the last resort, but this is effective if you have a lot of poison Ivy to get rid of, fast. You can ask a professional what type of chemical you can use to get rid of the plant.
- The time to remove the plant is during the winter, or just after it has rained and the ground is soft. Then removing the roots will be a lot easier. You can then, just pull out the ivy and throw it away.
- A long-term solution is to plant grass on the poison ivy. Ivy doesn’t grow on the lawn. So, if your grass is starting to grow, the poison ivy will die. This is the perfect solution, but it takes time.
- Burning the poison ivy to the ground isn’t recommended. The burning ivy will give some poison off when it is burning. This can be just as dangerous as the poison ivy itself. But, now you are endangering everyone around you.
- The best thing that you can do, is to hire a professional to remove the poison ivy for you. This will be done in no time, and effectively. And, you will not have to worry about getting into contact with the poison ivy. The best solution for getting rid of poison ivy is to hire a professional that knows how to do it correctly.
Disposing of poison Ivy, the right way is essential
Another thing that is really important is to make sure that you know how to dispose of the poison ivy the right way. You don’t want to burn it, because the vapor it is giving when burning is just as dangerous as the poison ivy itself.
There is a certain way that you should dispose of poison ivy so that you or anyone else doesn’t get into contact with the poison ivy.
You should place the poison ivy into heavy-duty plastic bags and throw them away. Don’t put it into the compost that you are making at home.
This is going to be dangerous if you are using your compost for fruit and vegetables and you might end up planting it again in your garden.
You should also make sure that all the leaves, sticks and root are disposed of in the bags before you throw it away. Don’t leave anything behind, it will just grow again.
Poison ivy is really not fun to have in your garden. And, it is essential to get rid of it, as soon as possible. The sooner you are getting rid of it, the better.
With this guide, you will be able to know how you should get rid of poison ivy fast, but also correctly. To make sure that you are getting rid of the plant correctly.
Then you will also know for sure that you are completely rid of the Poison Ivy and that it won’t come back.